State Secretary Teikmanis meets Foreign Minister of Bangladesh
The parties made note of the good cooperation between the two countries to date within international organisations and expressed interest in dynamising bilateral relations, notably, in the field of culture and education.
Possibilities for parliamentary cooperation were also mentioned. Bangladesh is interested in a closer economic cooperation with Latvia, both through promoting trade and investment and exchanging experience in a number of economic sectors.
This was the first high level visit to Latvia by a Bangladeshi government official. During her visit, Foreign Minister Moni also met with the Minister of Agriculture of Latvia, Ms Laimdota Straujuma, Chairman of the Saeima (Parliament) Foreign Affairs Committee Mr Ojārs Kalniņš and representatives from Latvian universities.
Bangladesh recognized the independence of Latvia on 9 September 1991. Diplomatic relations between both states were established on 21 January 1993.
Press and Information Division
- Foreign Minister to take part in 68th Session of UN General Assembly
- Visa Representation Agreement with Poland to take effect
- Baltic states agree to closely cooperate on implementation of Third Energy
- Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs to take part in meeting of Nordic, Baltic and Visegrad foreign ministers
- Foreign Ministry and LDDK tell about OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and their application in Latvia’s companies
- Presentation on Latvia’s experience in overcoming crisis at an international forum State Chancellery
- Cabinet of Ministers reviews Foreign Ministry reports on shortcomings of national courts having led to complaints to ECHR
- Foreign Minister of Latvia Edgars Rinkēvičs to go on working visit to Finland
- Ukraine feels the gas squeeze
- While on visit in Denmark, Foreign Minister Kristovskis highlights significance of closer economic co-operation
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
11:02 EEST 18.04.2014