Public funeral for the late Latvian ice hockey player Karlis Skrastins will be held at ''Arena Riga'' this Friday
The public funeral for the late Latvian ice hockey player Karlis Skrastins will be held at ''Arena Riga'' this Friday, LETA was informed by the player's relatives.
The public will be able to say farewell to the legendary Latvian defenseman from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the day.
''Karlis will always remain in our hearts, and this memorial event will be the last time to say goodbye to our hero, son, brother, husband and friend,'' the family announcement said.
Latvian ice hockey club Riga ''Dinamo'' will have returned from their road series in Russia by Friday, which means they also will be in attendance.
As reported, a Russian jet carrying Kontinental Ice Hockey League (KHL) hockey players to their first match of the season crashed on takeoff last week, killing 43 on board. There were two survivors. 37 of the dead are players, coaches and staff of Russian ice hockey club Yaroslavl "Lokomotiv", among them Latvian star defenseman Karlis Skrastins.
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
06:37 EET 08.03.2014