Ольга, Неонила, Парамон
"European Christmas" is in Riga
Upcoming concerts on the bill are "Bach and Botessini" (Dec. 17 at 19.30 in Spīķeri Concert Hall), starring the award-winning double bass player Gunārs Upatnieks, accompanied by pianist Agnese Egliņa, "Boys’ Choir Christmas" (Dec. 18 at 19.30 in St. John’s (Sv.Jāņa) Church) starring the seasoned Riga Dome Boys’ Choir and the Baroque orchestra "Collegium musicum Rīga".
The program includes J.S. Bach’s Mass in F major, rarely heard in Latvian churches, and Georg Phillip Telemann’s "Veni sancto spiritus". The soloists will be soprano Sonora Vaice, counter tenor Sergejs Jēgers and the England-based bass Pauls Putniņš. Māris Kupčs is the conductor. The bell-ringing ensemble "Arsis" from Estonia is sure to bring Yuletide joy with its concert December 21 at 19.30 in St. John's Church. "Arsis" has performed in Riga previously in Dome Cathedral, and at the Grand Music Awards ceremony in 2007.
- International Old-timer Rally "Riga Retro"
- Ventspils will host the 7th Modern Rhythm Music Festival & Master Class "Ventspils Groove 2012"
- Electric Marathon 2012 event in Tallinn on 31 May
- New board appointed for Stradins Hospital
- Exhibition of Moscow photographer Alexander Syusarev "Space-Time" in Riga
- Concerts in Riga during the Christmas holidays
- Wide choice of holiday concerts and shows in Riga
- Riga's main Xmas trees to light up yesterday
- Riga is ready for City days
- Foreign Minister Maris Riekstins and Secretary of State for European Affairs of France discuss closer co-operation within EU and NATO
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
- The EU Delegation to Ukraine takes note of the pro-European aspirations
- Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs to open international conference devoted to 10th Anniversary of Latvia’s membership in NATO
- Foreign Ministry State Secretary Pildegovičs summons to MFA Ričardas Degutis, Lithuanian Ambassador to Latvia
- APPROACHING THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF BALTIC NATO MEMBERSHIP
- Baltic parliamentarians will convene in Riga for the 32nd Session of the Baltic Assembly
- Foreign Ministry comment on topics of current interest in relation to Amendments to Citizenship Law
- Foreign Minister presents Latvia's investment projects to Prime Minister of China
TOP 5 sites
12:46 EET 12.12.2013