Foreign Minister signs Memorandum of Understanding with Foreign Ministry Indonesia
"The principal mission of foreign ministries is to set up a legal framework for bilateral relations in order to enable businesses, academia and other sectoral experts to cooperate in projects." The parties not only discussed bilateral matters but also exchanged views on current international topics, including the ASEAN integration plans, the South China Sea conflict, as well as the reform process in Myanmar.
The Foreign Minister’s visit also saw the signing of the cooperation memorandum between the Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN).
The Embassy of Indonesia in Stockholm is planning to organise the Indonesia Days in Riga at the end of this year, including also political consultations, a business workshop and an Indonesian cultural programme in the Rīgas Birža National Museum of Foreign Art, those being some of the activities under the memoranda signed during the visit.
Latvia and Indonesia are interested in strengthening economic and commercial relations: pharmaceutics, timber industry, education and ICT were named as key sectors for cooperation.
During the three-day visit, the Minister of Foreign Affairs met with the Vice Governor of West Java, Mr Dede Yusuf, the West Java Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Pharmaceutical Association of West Java.
The minister also visited the Paramadina University and met with representatives from a number of other universities, inviting Indonesian students to make use of study opportunities offered by higher education establishments in Latvia. Further, Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs met with the Minister for Tourism and Creative Economies Mari Elka Pangestu, with whom he discussed an eventual study visit by Indonesian tourism agents to Latvia.
On 2013, Latvia and Indonesia mark the 20th anniversary since the establishment of diplomatic relations, and, to commemorate this event, Edgars Rinkēvičs invited the Indonesian Foreign Minister to visit Latvia.
Press and Information Division
- Foreign Minister to take part in 68th Session of UN General Assembly
- Visa Representation Agreement with Poland to take effect
- Baltic states agree to closely cooperate on implementation of Third Energy
- Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs to take part in meeting of Nordic, Baltic and Visegrad foreign ministers
- Foreign Ministry and LDDK tell about OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and their application in Latvia’s companies
- Presentation on Latvia’s experience in overcoming crisis at an international forum State Chancellery
- Cabinet of Ministers reviews Foreign Ministry reports on shortcomings of national courts having led to complaints to ECHR
- Foreign Minister of Latvia Edgars Rinkēvičs to go on working visit to Finland
- Ukraine feels the gas squeeze
- While on visit in Denmark, Foreign Minister Kristovskis highlights significance of closer economic co-operation
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
07:35 EEST 29.07.2014