Ministry of Foreign Affairs to host presentation of study on Latvia - United States cooperation possibilities
A simultaneous book launch will be held at the United States Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS).
In the United States, the collection will be presented by Executive Director of the Centre for East European Policy Studies (CEEPS) Andris Kudors, with participation of the Ambassador of Latvia to the United States Andrejs Pildegovičs.
The collection of research papers examines a number of possibilities for deepening cooperation between Latvia and the United States, notwithstanding the processes of global change due to which the attention of the U.S. directed at the Central and Eastern European region has decreased.
This CEEPS publication is a major collaborative effort of a number of contributors - Latvian and American foreign policy researchers and experts. The authors of papers in the book include security policy expert Airis Rikveilis, researcher for the PROVIDUS public policy centre Reinis Āboltiņš, the CEEPS chairman of the board Ainārs Lerhis and the centre’s executive director Andris Kudors, as well as American analyst, writer and columnist Paul Goble and executive vice president of the Atlantic Council Damon Wilson.
The project was implemented in association with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia and the United States Embassy in Riga and with the support of the Rietumu Banka Charity Fund, the American Latvian Association and the Free Port of Riga.
Press and Information Division
- Foreign Minister to take part in 68th Session of UN General Assembly
- Visa Representation Agreement with Poland to take effect
- Baltic states agree to closely cooperate on implementation of Third Energy
- Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs to take part in meeting of Nordic, Baltic and Visegrad foreign ministers
- Foreign Ministry and LDDK tell about OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and their application in Latvia’s companies
- Presentation on Latvia’s experience in overcoming crisis at an international forum State Chancellery
- Cabinet of Ministers reviews Foreign Ministry reports on shortcomings of national courts having led to complaints to ECHR
- Foreign Minister of Latvia Edgars Rinkēvičs to go on working visit to Finland
- Ukraine feels the gas squeeze
- While on visit in Denmark, Foreign Minister Kristovskis highlights significance of closer economic co-operation
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
15:11 EEST 22.09.2014