Иннокентий, Юрий, Яков
Foreign Minister of Latvia Edgars Rinkēvičs to go on working visit to Finland
On 19 January, Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs will go on a working visit to Finland. The minister will meet with the Foreign Minister of Finland Erkki Tuomioja, who visited Riga on 20 December last year. The foreign ministers have planned to discuss the current bilateral matters, as well as cooperation in the region and within international organisations.
As part of the visit, Minister Rinkēvičs will have a discussion with the Minister for European Affairs and Foreign Trade of Finland Alexander Stubb to review EU-related issues and bilateral economic cooperation.
In the conclusion of the working visit, Latvian Foreign Minister will participate in a round table discussion with foreign ambassadors to Latvia residing in Helsinki. Taking part in the discussion are the ambassadors of Argentine, Peru, Nicaragua, Cuba, Iceland and Malaysia, as well as the head of the mission of the Palestine National Authority.
The friendly and close relations between Latvia and Finland are based on common interests to ensure stability, security and welfare in the Baltic Sea Region and Europe as a whole. Cooperation between both countries takes place at various levels and formats. High-ranking state officials engage in a regular and intensive dialogue. Practical partnership between line ministries, sectorial institutions and businesses is stable and successful. Latvia has also become a favourite destination for Finnish tourists.
Mr Erkki Tuomioja took up the post of the Foreign Minister of Finland on 22 June 2010; before that he was Foreign Minister in three different Finnish governments between 2000 and 2007.
Mr Alexander Stubb is former Finnish Foreign Minister, who holds the position of the Minister for European Affairs and Foreign Trade in the government of the current Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen. Stubb is also Finish Minister for Nordic Cooperation.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia
- Foreign Minister to take part in 68th Session of UN General Assembly
- Visa Representation Agreement with Poland to take effect
- Baltic states agree to closely cooperate on implementation of Third Energy
- Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs to take part in meeting of Nordic, Baltic and Visegrad foreign ministers
- Foreign Ministry and LDDK tell about OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and their application in Latvia’s companies
- Presentation on Latvia’s experience in overcoming crisis at an international forum State Chancellery
- Cabinet of Ministers reviews Foreign Ministry reports on shortcomings of national courts having led to complaints to ECHR
- Ukraine feels the gas squeeze
- While on visit in Denmark, Foreign Minister Kristovskis highlights significance of closer economic co-operation
- Foreign Minister: During those historic days, everybody rose to struggle for independence
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
- The EU Delegation to Ukraine takes note of the pro-European aspirations
- Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs to open international conference devoted to 10th Anniversary of Latvia’s membership in NATO
- Foreign Ministry State Secretary Pildegovičs summons to MFA Ričardas Degutis, Lithuanian Ambassador to Latvia
- APPROACHING THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF BALTIC NATO MEMBERSHIP
- Baltic parliamentarians will convene in Riga for the 32nd Session of the Baltic Assembly
- Foreign Ministry comment on topics of current interest in relation to Amendments to Citizenship Law
- Foreign Minister presents Latvia's investment projects to Prime Minister of China
07:09 EET 09.12.2013