Youth in 21st Century: Debating and Producing Media Workshop 2012 in Latvia
The media play an important role in shaping the ideas of youth worldwide. The media can validate or ignore social or political issues in a society, cover some issues at the expense of others, and shape perceptions about particular groups or individuals.
The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) organizes a series of two-week workshops that combine debate, discussion, and analysis of the media’s role in society with hands-on training in how to create professional and insightful media projects.
The first workshop was in 2010 and since then workshops were held in Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, and Sub-Sahara Africa.
The Youth in 21st Century: Debating and Producing Media Workshop 2012:
Location: Sigulda, Latvia (youth hotel "Kaba")
Event Date: August 13 - 26, 2012
Fee: This event is free. Bus travel, accommodation and meals are provided for participants for the entire event period (August 13-26, 2012).
Application Deadline: July 1, 2012
The total of 40 applicants will be selected to participant in this camp.
1. Applicants must be currently residing in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.
2. Applicants must be between 18-29 years old
1. Download application form at this website or request one at youth.media.EasternEurope@gmail.com
2. The application must be accompanied by applicant’s Curriculum Vitae (CV). CV template can be downloaded at the website.
3. Submit the completed application form and CV to EasternEurope@gmail.com with the subject "youth media application."
Application deadline: July 1, 22, 2012
Announce selection results: July 15, 2012
If you have any questions, please contact us at EasternEurope@gmail.com
Sorosa fonds – Latvija
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
23:34 EEST 25.07.2014