Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs conveys condolences on demise of prominent historian Heinrihs Strods
Heinrihs Strods was one of the most erudite researchers of Latvian history, accentuates Minister Rinkēvičs, who himself was once a student of Professor Strods.
A number of Prof. Strods’ other former students who are currently working for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs remember their teacher as a knowledgeable, intellectually powerful, enthusiastic and principled personality.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs highly values the contribution by Professor, bearer of the Order of Three Stars, to research into the issues of the history of Latvia in the 20th century, identifying and evaluating new findings that help Latvian diplomats to explain the complicated history of our country.
The prominent historian once said that a negative or hostile attitude towards totalitarian occupation was not enough; one must also know and understand it. Otherwise the history of Latvia turns into a myth and is replaced by the new common ideas of globalists and former invaders.
Prof. Strods was also head of the research group at the Museum of Occupation and member of the Historians Commission of the President’s Chancellery, and several of his publications were issued under the aegis of these bodies.
Heinrihs Strods has written more than 20 books and 800 publications devoted to various issues of Latvian history. Prof. Strods was born on 20 April 1925 at Dviete
Press and Information Division
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
17:14 EEST 01.10.2014