Ольга, Неонила, Парамон
21st anniversary of the Declaration of the Renewal of Independence of the Republic of Latvia
The festivities will begin with an ecumenical service at St. Jacob's Cathedral, at 10 a.m.
At 10.30 a.m., flowers will be laid out in the shape of Latvia by the Freedom Monument.
At 2 p.m., a traditional march of brass band orchestras will take place at the Freedom Monument.
Several TVs in 1990-style apartments will be set up in four squares downtown and Old Town, which will broadcast well-wishes for Latvia from famous and not so well-known people and their memories of May 4, 1990.
Cinema "Riga" will offer a marathon of documentaries and animation movies until 11 p.m. The Latvian Occupation Museum will also offer a movie and an exhibition to its visitors at 4 p.m.
A number of events will also be held in Riga's culture centers, Vermanes Garden, on Town Hall Square and the Esplanade.
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
- The EU Delegation to Ukraine takes note of the pro-European aspirations
- Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs to open international conference devoted to 10th Anniversary of Latvia’s membership in NATO
- Foreign Ministry State Secretary Pildegovičs summons to MFA Ričardas Degutis, Lithuanian Ambassador to Latvia
- APPROACHING THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF BALTIC NATO MEMBERSHIP
- Baltic parliamentarians will convene in Riga for the 32nd Session of the Baltic Assembly
- Foreign Ministry comment on topics of current interest in relation to Amendments to Citizenship Law
- Foreign Minister presents Latvia's investment projects to Prime Minister of China
TOP 5 sites
08:48 EET 12.12.2013