21st anniversary of the Declaration of the Renewal of Independence of the Republic of Latvia
The festivities will begin with an ecumenical service at St. Jacob's Cathedral, at 10 a.m.
At 10.30 a.m., flowers will be laid out in the shape of Latvia by the Freedom Monument.
At 2 p.m., a traditional march of brass band orchestras will take place at the Freedom Monument.
Several TVs in 1990-style apartments will be set up in four squares downtown and Old Town, which will broadcast well-wishes for Latvia from famous and not so well-known people and their memories of May 4, 1990.
Cinema "Riga" will offer a marathon of documentaries and animation movies until 11 p.m. The Latvian Occupation Museum will also offer a movie and an exhibition to its visitors at 4 p.m.
A number of events will also be held in Riga's culture centers, Vermanes Garden, on Town Hall Square and the Esplanade.
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
04:03 EEST 26.07.2014