Foreign Minister Rinkēvičs invites Poland to promote economic cooperation with Latgale
The parties discussed bilateral relations between both countries and the topics on the European Union agenda. Minister Rinkēvičs noted with satisfaction that Latvia and Poland were engaged in an active political dialogue and had established good cooperation in national minority issues.
The minister urged to enhance economic relations, in particular, by promoting economic cooperation between Poland and the Latvian region of Latgale.
The Marshal of the Polish Sejm commended the work done by Latvia in overcoming the economic crisis and carrying out reforms. The parties shared the opinion that both countries needed to cooperate in the discussions on the EU’s future financial framework, in which the issues of cohesion and direct payments are equally important.
As the parties discussed security policy, the minister thanked Poland for its contribution to the Baltic airspace policing mission. Other topics discussed were the current developments in the EU external relations, including cooperation with Eastern partnership countries.
Marshal Kopacz was accompanied to the meeting with Foreign Minister Rinkēvičs by a delegation of members of the Polish parliament.
Ewa Kopacz, who assumed the post of Marshal of the Sejm on 8 November 2011, represents Prime Minister Donald Tusk’s Civic Platform party.
Press and Information Division
- SEB Eastern European Outlook: Gradual recovery - major economies will diverge
- Global Finance: SEB banka is the best foreign exchange service provider in Latvia
- Latvia successfully prices seven-year bonds at a historically lowest interest rate
- Finance Ministry proposes reducing VAT on July 1, personal income tax in 2013
- Cabinet approves Development Cooperation Policy Plan for 2012
- Russian Economy Forecasts
- Baltika Group first quarterly year-over-year sales growth in two years
- European Investment Fund expects greater expansion of Latvian Venture Capital market in 2011
- Invitation to a public lecture by the Swedish journalist Fredrik Laurin at SSE Riga
- AS “Latvijas Krâjbanka” increases stock capital of subsidiary company
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
02:26 EEST 02.09.2014