Escaped bear spotted in local garden
She has eaten some of the food put out for her by park workers, but has returned to her ''adventures'' in the forest.
The bear's keeper Velga Vitola is hard at work putting out food and calling the bear.
''It is clear that the bear is agitated,'' Andrusaitis said.
The female bear is currently in the forests near the nature trails and has not strayed too far.
As reported Monday, a bear has once again escaped from her enclosure at the Ligatne Nature Trails (northeastern Latvia). Its name is Made - the same bear that escaped at the park last August.
The surrounding local roads have been blocked, with people from the park's administration working in the territory to try to locate the animal.
Residents of the area have also been warned and extra police have been sent.
Made used the same ''tactic'' as last time to get out of her enclosure - digging a deep hole underneath a metal fence.
As bears living in the trails are used to the presence of humans, their instinct of fear is less strong than wild bears. Encountering such a bear is extremely dangerous.
Entrance to the territory of Ligatne Nature Trails will be prohibited until the situation is solved.
Ligatne Administrative District Council is asking all inhabitants and guests to avoid the nearby forests.
LETA also reported, using honey and other goodies to attract the bear, the park's rangers were able to lure Made animal back to her home last August.
Kristīne Meistere, LETA
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
- The EU Delegation to Ukraine takes note of the pro-European aspirations
- Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs to open international conference devoted to 10th Anniversary of Latvia’s membership in NATO
- Foreign Ministry State Secretary Pildegovičs summons to MFA Ričardas Degutis, Lithuanian Ambassador to Latvia
- APPROACHING THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF BALTIC NATO MEMBERSHIP
- Baltic parliamentarians will convene in Riga for the 32nd Session of the Baltic Assembly
- Foreign Ministry comment on topics of current interest in relation to Amendments to Citizenship Law
- Foreign Minister presents Latvia's investment projects to Prime Minister of China
TOP 5 sites
15:45 EET 09.12.2013