Exhibition "The Brilliance and Misery of Latvian Spas"
The exhibition demonstrates not only the services provided by the spas, but also looks at the history of their establishment and development. Some of the famed spas were destroyed by time, others – by people.
The golden times of spas when everybody respecting and loving themselves wanted to visit a spa to relax and restore strength can be viewed in the exhibition. It also features a collection of cups used to drink mineral water, a leisure chair from sanatorium of Tērvete, mechanic therapy apparatuses, uniforms of medical personnel, and various artworks made by patients who underwent work therapy.
The first sulphurous water treatment facility was opened in Bārbele way back in 1739. Other Latvian spas – Ķemeri, Baldone, Tērvete, Krimulda, Bīriņi, Liepāja have always been excellent and overcrowded places where rehabilitation of the body and relaxation of the mind were ensured according to the highest standards – mud applications, mineral water treatments, therapeutic exercises, walks in fresh air, and meals in gorgeous dining rooms.
Dates: 2012-05-18 - 2012-09-13
Place: The Pauls Stradins museum of the history of medicine
Address: Antonijas iela 1
- Riga Historic Music and Dance Festival
- Kalnciema Quarter Gallery, Riga / Until December 15
- Inside and Out
- YOUN SUN NAH quartet – vitality of jazz and Korean urbanity
- ELECTROCARDIOGRAM of the Danish guitar virtuouso Mikkel Andersen
- City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra and Baiba Skride to perform in Riga in October
- Opolais makes Zurich debut as Jenufa
- open call for artist residency
- Concert of Polish pop-music and jazz star Justyna Steczkowska
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
19:14 EEST 24.04.2014