Birds-eye view of Rigas Daugava
Archeologist and culture historian Juris Urtāns is also active in aerial archaeology and aerial photography; he has flown over all Latvia's regions, using the aerial photographs for the monitoring of culture-historical environment, illustrating books and in photography exhibitions.
"Riga's Daugava from Bird's-Eye View" at the Museum of the History of Riga and Navigation is an exhibition of photographs of culture-historical monuments in Riga and Greater Riga that are of utmost importance for Latvian archaeology, architecture and urban development - Riga's Old Town, Daugavgrīva Castle, Dole Island, Daugmale and many more.
Archaeologist and culture historian Juris Urtāns has written over 1,250 publications, including 38 books (seven monographs) and around 200 scientific articles. Juris Urtāns is a researcher of ancient ritual sites and castle mounds, the relation between archaeology and folklore, and others.
He has also participated in the introduction of distance archaeological research methods in Latvia and in underwater archaeological projects in Latvian lakes and rivers as well as in the Baltic Sea. In 2009, Juris Urtāns was elected associate member of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, he is a member and board member at several Latvian an international professional organisations.
Dates: 2012-01-02 - 2012-09-30
Place: Museum of the History of Riga and Navigation
Address: Palasta iela 4
- Riga Historic Music and Dance Festival
- Kalnciema Quarter Gallery, Riga / Until December 15
- Inside and Out
- YOUN SUN NAH quartet – vitality of jazz and Korean urbanity
- ELECTROCARDIOGRAM of the Danish guitar virtuouso Mikkel Andersen
- City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra and Baiba Skride to perform in Riga in October
- Opolais makes Zurich debut as Jenufa
- open call for artist residency
- Concert of Polish pop-music and jazz star Justyna Steczkowska
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
18:27 EEST 16.09.2014