New exhibition cycle opens at "kim?"
What is on sale? And why? Land, a home, or something else? In the new series of photos presented by Reinis Hofmanis in his new exhibition these questions are difficult to answer. The works in this sequence were created over a period of two years, but the pictures themselves were taken during the previous winter. Untypically for this artist, these pictures lack the presence of people; what's left is their impact on the environment, together with the wish so simply expressed in one word - "Sale"/"Pārdod". A documentary attitude prevails in these photos - the artist has chosen the exact situation and shots, but without constructing the landscape artificially, leaving its composition unaffected.
The exhibition "Objects and video" by Anta Pence and Dita Pence at the "kim?" RIXC gallery is an attempt to tackle the question of the importance of the original when perceiving an artwork. The exposition itself consists of 3 new works, but – this time they will be presented as a video screening.
Kristaps Kalns and Sarmīte Māļina’s "What is there to hide, sitting alone in a rose garden" could be regarded part one of a large-scale show entitled "Be patient..." which will open at the "Arsenāls" exhibition hall of the Latvian National Museum of Art in January 2012. Sarmīte Māliņa and Kristaps Kalns are two Latvian artists who have worked fruitfully in tandem during the previous ten years. Their work is characterised by a wide emotional range, high capacity of emotional plot and ideas, and it always fascinates the public. Māliņa and Kalns are able to share a conversation with the widest circles of the public – even with those who do not have the notion "contemporary art" in their everyday vocabularies.
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
- Būvdarbu organizēšana un vadīšana Latvijā
- Latvijas Futbola Federācija
- Bezmaksas bilžu hostings
- Citāda Pasaule
- iRadio.lv - klausies radio, skaties Tv ineternetā
09:29 EEST 02.08.2014