Valdis, Voldemārs, Valdemārs
Василий, Григорий, Федор, Степан
New exhibition cycle opens at "kim?"
What is on sale? And why? Land, a home, or something else? In the new series of photos presented by Reinis Hofmanis in his new exhibition these questions are difficult to answer. The works in this sequence were created over a period of two years, but the pictures themselves were taken during the previous winter. Untypically for this artist, these pictures lack the presence of people; what's left is their impact on the environment, together with the wish so simply expressed in one word - "Sale"/"Pārdod". A documentary attitude prevails in these photos - the artist has chosen the exact situation and shots, but without constructing the landscape artificially, leaving its composition unaffected.
The exhibition "Objects and video" by Anta Pence and Dita Pence at the "kim?" RIXC gallery is an attempt to tackle the question of the importance of the original when perceiving an artwork. The exposition itself consists of 3 new works, but – this time they will be presented as a video screening.
Kristaps Kalns and Sarmīte Māļina’s "What is there to hide, sitting alone in a rose garden" could be regarded part one of a large-scale show entitled "Be patient..." which will open at the "Arsenāls" exhibition hall of the Latvian National Museum of Art in January 2012. Sarmīte Māliņa and Kristaps Kalns are two Latvian artists who have worked fruitfully in tandem during the previous ten years. Their work is characterised by a wide emotional range, high capacity of emotional plot and ideas, and it always fascinates the public. Māliņa and Kalns are able to share a conversation with the widest circles of the public – even with those who do not have the notion "contemporary art" in their everyday vocabularies.
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
- The EU Delegation to Ukraine takes note of the pro-European aspirations
- Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs to open international conference devoted to 10th Anniversary of Latvia’s membership in NATO
- Foreign Ministry State Secretary Pildegovičs summons to MFA Ričardas Degutis, Lithuanian Ambassador to Latvia
- APPROACHING THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF BALTIC NATO MEMBERSHIP
- Baltic parliamentarians will convene in Riga for the 32nd Session of the Baltic Assembly
- Foreign Ministry comment on topics of current interest in relation to Amendments to Citizenship Law
- Foreign Minister presents Latvia's investment projects to Prime Minister of China
TOP 5 sites
21:12 EET 11.12.2013