UN Independent Expert to visit Latvia
From 14 to 18 May, Latvia hosts the visit from Dr. Cephas Lumina, United Nations Independent Expert on the effects of foreign debt and other related international financial obligations of States on the full enjoyment of all human rights, particularly economic, social and cultural rights.
The Independent Expert has indicated that the objectives of his visit to Latvia are to assess the impact of foreign debt on Latvia's capacity to design and implement policies and programmes in order to enjoy all human rights, in particular, economic, social and cultural rights, and the right for development.
Thus, the expert intends to evaluate the effect of the European Union and the International Monetary Fund programmes (2008-2011) on the ability of our country to protect and realise human rights.
To this end, the UN Independent Expert has arranged to meet with representatives from the government institutions and international organisations resident in Latvia, the Ombudsman and non-governmental organisations.
The UN Human Rights Council appointed Dr. Cefas Lumina as Independent Expert in 2008. Dr. Lumina has over 24 years’ legal practice, research and teaching experience in several countries.
Country visits are part of the Independent Expert's mandate. Over the last two years, Dr. Lumina has visited Australia, the Solomon Islands, Vietnam, Norway and Ecuador.
Press and Information Division
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
- KurDarbs.lv - Visi Latvijas darba sludinājumi vienuviet
- Bezmaksas bilžu hostings
- iRadio.lv - klausies radio, skaties Tv ineternetā
- Ātri, lēti, profesionāli...
18:05 EET 10.03.2014