APRIL – the month of sap
Tapping of birch sap is a whole event – the birch is found, an auger and a container where the sap will be tapped is prepared. When the bore is made and the first streamlet of sap appears, true admirers of birch sap hurry to try it directly from the bore in order to feel the freshness of the sap and the scent of the birch. When sap has filled the container it is ready for use.
Sap that comes from a birch is clean water purified by wood, therefore it is ecologically pure and very rich in substances useful for the body. Therefore birch sap is healthy and cleans the body.
Fresh birch sap is a little bit sweet. But sap is also fermented by adding some raisins, slice of lemon, twig of juniper that will relish a special taste to birch sap. Cool, fermented birch sap is very refreshing and incomparable! Latvians have even learnt to obtain champagne and wine from birch sap.
Therefore restaurants involved in the project Tastefully Delicious Destination - RīGA will offer the sap not only as a refreshing drink, but will also prepare tasty meals to try in the month of sap – April.
- Football family is invited to create an official Baltic Cup tournament logo
- Ventspils nafta wins Best Interactive Investor Relations
- Philips reports fourth-quarter comparable sales growth of 7%; operational results up by 20%; 2013 financial targets achieved
- FIVE BULGARIANS ARRESTED FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT CARD FRAUD
- Counterfeit euro print shop busted in Spain
- Tractor thieves halted by Eurojust and Europol coordination
- ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING OPERATION HITS BRUSSELS’ RED LIGHT DISTRICT
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF LATVIAN PAYMENT CARD FRAUDSTERS DISMANTLED
- Āboltiņa to Baltic parliamentarians: Cooperation in energy and Rail/BalticRail Baltica project are important both from economic and geopolitical perspective
- 690 internet domain names seized because of fraudulent practices
TOP 5 sites
- Nekustamo īpašumu serveris www.hanzas.lv
- KurDarbs.lv - Visi Latvijas darba sludinājumi vienuviet
- Latvijas Futbola Federācija
- iRadio.lv - klausies radio, skaties Tv ineternetā
16:55 EEST 02.09.2014